- Supports Mac OS X, Linux or Windows (requires Java 1.4)
- Saves all entries in iCalendar RFC 2445 format
- Simple and intuitive user interface similar to many popular email applications
- Years and months organized info folders
- Quick text search scans all entries for search text
- Open source license so you can download and modify the source and use it free of charge.
All software is licensed under the GNU General Public License.
For more information about this license:
Screenshot: Main Window
The 0.2.5 release beta quality code, so feel free to try it out and submit any bugs you may find.
Download the latest JAR file from:
Once you download the jar file to your system, you should be able to just double-click on it in your file browser to startup the application. If this doesn’t work, you can start the application from the command line:
java -jar k5njournal-0.2.5.jar
NOTE: Java 1.4 is required.
- SourceForge.net resources:
- Main k5njournal developer site
- developer site for Java Calendar Tools (used by k5njournal)
- Help/Troubleshooting forum (Go here for support!)
- Open Discussion forum
- Bug Reports
- Feature Requests (RFE)
- CVS Information
Note: The latest files are currently part of the Java Calendar Tools CVS repository.
- File Releases
Below is a list of similar journal keeping applications. Feel free to take a look at the competition. If you see a feature in one of these tools that you’d like to see added to k5nJournal, please add a feature request.
- Java-based (Win/Mac/Linux):
- Secure Diary: Java-based open source diary with strong encryption
- Mac OS X: